- Aventura: Rooms
- Aventura: Public spaces
- Aventura: Pool area
- Aventura: Dining & lounges
- Aventura: Distance from the parks
Welcome to Orlando Informer’s coverage of Universal’s Aventura Hotel, one of the two prime value on-site hotels at Universal Orlando Resort.
While Aventura may forgo the recreation of a specific place (such as Portofino Bay Hotel) or time (like Cabana Bay Beach Resort), it still does have a general design principle that can generally be summed up as its theme: “vibrant, free-flowing, and calming” is how Universal puts it, and the results more than speak to this. The lobby is open, spacious, and huge; the rooms are modern and posh; the rooftop bar and grill, located on the 17th(!) story, is sleek and relaxed. Think of a higher-end contemporary hotel in any major city, and add in the beautiful sights of all three Universal Orlando parks and CityWalk (not to mention the rest of Orlando, as well), and you’ll have a pretty good idea of what the company went for with its newest addition.
Since there’s such a huge emphasis placed on Aventura’s architecture, it’s worth breaking it down a little bit more. The venue has three wings that are all anchored by a center circle, which provides great views from all angles. When these clean lines are combined with its simple colors – such as the occasional blue entry tiles or the verdant green foliage that surrounds the hotel – a certain visual dynamism is generated, which is subtle but reassuring.
Working in tandem with this modern, sleek thematic approach is the hotel’s huge reliance and integration of technology into its premises. Each room comes equipped with a tablet that does everything from control the lights and room temperature to ordering fresh towels and room service, and there’s even a virtual-reality game room waiting to be explored upstairs. In other words, Aventura Hotel may be the least-themed on-site resort, but it still packs an experiential punch.
Aventura Hotel – general information
Engage in a sleek and streamlined hotel experience, one that prizes calming aesthetics and high technology over traditional theming. The modern marvel that is Aventura features 600 guest rooms and Universal Orlando’s first-ever virtual-reality game room.
- Address: 6725 Adventure Way, Orlando, FL 32819
- Phone: 407-503-6000; Fax: 407-503-6166
- Official Loews website
- Official Universal Orlando website
- Opened in August 2018
- 600 rooms
- 338 standard double queen
- 54 standard king
- 139 double queen Skyline View
- 42 deluxe double queen
- 14 deluxe king
- 13 kids’ suites
- 49% of rooms are connecting
- Rooms start at 314 square feet
- Kids’ suites are 591 square feet and sleep five, including a couch that converts into a deluxe foam bed and a special interior area for children that includes two twin beds
- Standard rooms and kids’ suites can be upgraded to Skyline View, which provide sweeping views of (Universal) Orlando from the top few floors
- Prices for standard rooms range between $144 and $244 per night
- Guest rooms feature vibrant, free-flowing design and contain a tablet to control the room temperature, order room service, etc.
- Free wifi for up to four devices per room. Faster wifi for up to eight devices is available for $14.95/day
- No club level
- Pool with a children’s water play area with pop-up jets
- Complimentary fitness center for guests
- Virtual-reality game room that includes motion-tracking controllers
- Universal Studios Store: offers sundries, guest necessities, newspapers, and magazines, as well as Universal and hotel logo merchandise
- Five dining options, including Starbucks, plus room service
Aventura Hotel – vacation planning
Staying at Aventura will help save your family money versus Universal’s premiere and preferred on-site hotels, even though it doesn’t contain family suites like at the next-door Cabana Bay Beach Resort, but there are trade-offs. First, and perhaps most importantly, guests staying on-site at the resort will not receive unlimited Express Pass access. This is widely regarded as the single best benefit of staying at Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, or Royal Pacific Resort (not to mention that complimentary Express Passes hold a value of up to $170 per person, per day compared to buying them separately).
Second, Aventura is not connected to Universal via the waterway, which means guests at the hotel will not have the option of using the water taxis to get to and from the theme parks. Instead, they will have the option of (a) using shuttle buses or (b) walking. We estimate it takes 20 to 30 minutes to walk from Aventura to CityWalk and the theme parks.
Third, guests staying at Aventura don’t receive the benefit of priority seating at the full-service restaurants inside Universal’s theme parks or at CityWalk.
Finally, Aventura doesn’t allow pets.
These are the four drawbacks. The advantages to staying here start with its next-door proximity to Volcano Bay, the new water theme park, which allows guests the ability to simply walk right over to hop on all the magnificent water slides; guests at the premiere and preferred properties have to take a bus to Universal Orlando’s newest addition. This may not seem like much at first, but trust us when we say that it’s actually a considerable benefit. Then there’s the fact that this is the company’s most hi-tech venue yet, which should help to make you feel pampered even though you’re technically staying at a value resort.
As always, there are all the other perks for staying at any of the other on-site hotels:
- Early Park Admission
- Complimentary package delivery to your room
- Resort-wide charging privileges with your room key
- Complimentary scheduled transportation to SeaWorld and Aquatica
- Access to the other amenities at Universal’s other on-site hotels, including the pool areas (this may change, so please verify when you make your reservation)
Oh, are you wondering about parking? Yes, Aventura guests have to deal with the biggest complaint about all of Universal’s on-site hotels: the per-night self-parking fee. Here, it costs overnight guests $14, plus tax, per night to park a car (paid at time of check-in). For daytime guests, parking is $45, plus tax, per day, per vehicle.
Do you have a question about staying at Aventura? We invite you to join our vacation-planning Facebook community.
Universal Orlando’s on-site hotels – 2018 seasonal rates
Compare these numbers with our crowd level predictions to find the best time to stay on-site:
|Aventura Hotel||Cabana Bay Beach Resort||Sapphire Falls Resort||Royal Pacific Resort||Hard Rock Hotel||Portofino Bay Hotel|
|Value Season 1
Jan 7 – Jan 11, Jan 15 – Feb 15, Sep 3 – Sep 27, Nov 25 – Dec 20
|From $144||From $144||From $199||From $274||From $314||From $329|
|Value Season 2
Aug 12 – Sep 2
|From $154||From $154||From $204||From $284||From $324||From $339|
Jan 12 – Jan 14, Apr 8 – May 24, May 28 – May 31, Nov 4 – Nov 20
|From $164||From $164||From $214||From $309||From $349||From $359|
|Regular Season 2
Sep 28 – Nov 3
|From $169||From $169||From $214||From $309||From $349||From $359|
|Summer Season 1
Jun 1 – Jun 16, Jul 29 – Aug 11
|From $189||From $189||From $239||From $364||From $439||From $424|
|Summer Season 2
Jun 17 – Jul 28
|N/A||From $204||From $254||From $389||From $469||From $454|
|Peak Season 1
Feb 25 – Mar 8, May 25 – May 27, Nov 21 – Nov 24
|From $204||From $204||From $259||From $374||From $449||From $444|
|Peak Season 2
Feb 16 – Feb 24, Mar 9 – Mar 22
|N/A||From $214||From $269||From $394||From $479||From $469|
Mar 23 – Apr 7, Dec 21 – Jan 5
|From $244||From $244||From $314||From $479||From $549||From $544|
Universal Orlando’s on-site hotels – cancellation policy
Since all six on-site hotels are operated by Loews, they all feature the same cancellation policy: if you cancel your reservation six or more days in advance, you will receive a full refund. If it’s anything fewer than five days beforehand, however, you will be charged one night’s room rate, plus tax.
- Universal’s Aventura Hotel: Dining & lounges – photos, details, & more
- Universal’s Aventura Hotel: Distance from the parks
- Universal’s Aventura Hotel: Pool area – photos, details, & more
- Universal’s Aventura Hotel: Public spaces
- Universal’s Aventura Hotel: Rooms – photos, details, & more