What is Knockturn Alley?
As the seedy corner of the wizarding world, Knockturn Alley at Universal Studios Flordia functions less as a shopping center and more as a walk-through attraction. It’s not to be missed, though – from the (comparatively) expansive Borgin and Burkes shop to the myriad interactive wand locations to the area’s ceiling, which ensures it’s perpetually dark and foreboding, Knockturn is one of the most popular sections of the Wizarding World. (It can also be one of the most crowded, especially during the hot summer months.)
Where is Knockturn Alley located?
Knockturn Alley – height restrictions and other factors
There are no restrictions to walk through Knockturn Alley.
Knockturn Alley – what you wish you knew before you experienced it
There are a number of Easter eggs hidden away in this dark corner of Diagon Alley, including a spellcasting spot that’s not on the map. While we don’t want to ruin all of the fun, we will say our favorite secret is the window of shrunken heads and their musical homage to Jaws, the attraction that used to be housed where The Wizarding World of Harry Potter currently sits.
How scary is Knockturn Alley?
We rate Knockturn Alley two out of five Dementors in terms of fear factor. However, please keep this in mind: the area’s darkness, combined with the effects of moving severed hands, dancing skeletons, and giant spiders, might make this spooky enough to creep out any youngsters in your party.
What was Knockturn Alley’s opening date?
July 8, 2014
Knockturn Alley – OI fun fact
Knockturn Alley’s ceiling features several different projections of the sky, making it seem as though you’re really out in the open instead of being inside. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled above you!
Knockturn Alley – focus on Borgin and Burkes
Second in design and dramatic flourishes only to Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, Borgin and Burkes is not only the anchor of Knockturn Alley, it is the section’s flagship experience (and only store). Here, guests can peruse fascinating and eclectic Dark Arts artifacts, including Death Eater masks, skulls, and other ghastly devices. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time to thoroughly explore both the shop and its surrounding area, as it is immaculately themed, riddled with hidden touches, and, perhaps best of all, shielded from the unforgiving Florida sun.
Borgin and Burkes – photo gallery
Knockturn Alley – real guest reviews
Submit your review
- Carkitt Market at Universal Studios Florida
- Diagon Alley Shopping at Universal Studios Florida
- Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlor at Universal Studios Florida
- Globus Mundi at Universal Studios Florida
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts at Universal Studios Florida
- Horizont Alley at Universal Studios Florida
- Knockturn Alley at Universal Studios Florida
- London waterfront at Universal Studios Florida
- Ollivanders Wand Shop – Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida
- Owl Post at Universal Studios Florida
- Tales of Beedle the Bard & Celestina Warbeck at Universal Studios Florida
- The Hogwarts Express at Universal Orlando Resort