- Sapphire Falls: Rooms
- Sapphire Falls: Public spaces
- Sapphire Falls: Pool area
- Sapphire Falls: Dining & lounges
- Sapphire Falls: Distance from the parks
This page includes information, photo tours, and an HD video of the transportation between Sapphire Falls Resort, Universal CityWalk, and the Universal Orlando theme parks (Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure). This page also includes information about the shuttle service from Sapphire Falls to SeaWorld, Aquatica (SeaWorld’s water park), and Volcano Bay, Universal’s water theme park.
Transportation options to CityWalk, Universal Studios Florida, and Islands of Adventure
Sapphire Falls Resort offers three methods of getting to CityWalk and Universal’s theme parks, Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure. Each has its positives and negatives, which we’ll explore now.
- Water taxi: Universal’s complimentary water taxis begin operating 30 minutes before Early Park Admission and run continuously until 2:30 am every single day of the year. Most of the on-site hotels have their own dedicated water taxi, so you will be picked up from the hotel and brought directly to the CityWalk dock every time, and vice versa. (There is a single water taxi dock for CityWalk and the two Universal theme parks, as seen in the photo above.)
- Theme park shuttle: Universal also operates a shuttle that runs continuously between the seven on-site hotels and the general guest drop-off area near the Universal parking garages, as seen on the OI Google map. (It used to be that on-site hotel guests using the bus were dropped off at Celebrity Circle, just steps away from the Universal Studios Florida turnstiles, but this changed in 2013.)
- Because the shuttle drop-off location puts on-site hotel guests at basically the same distance from the parks as day guests parking at Universal, it serves no function as a time saver. The only advantage may be for guests with disabilities who need to rent a wheelchair for the day, since wheelchair rental is available on the second floor of the transportation hub, where the shuttle now drops you off (an elevator is available here). Note that ECV rentals are still only available inside the parks.
- Garden walkway: this roughly half-mile walkway brings you back to Sapphire Falls.
Transportation to Volcano Bay
A shuttle will carry guests from Sapphire Falls Resort directly to the Volcano Bay water theme park, located all the way on the other side of Universal Orlando property (right next-door to Cabana Bay Beach Resort). The bus leaves approximately every 15 minutes.
Transportation to SeaWorld and Aquatica
Universal’s hotels provide complimentary scheduled shuttle transportation, called the Connector Shuttle, to SeaWorld and Aquatica (SeaWorld’s water park). We emphasize scheduled because it is very important to understand that the bus does not run continuously; rather, in general, it picks up and drops off once in the morning and once in the evening.
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort: Dining & lounges – photos, details, & more
- Amatista Cookhouse at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort – photos, menus, & reviews
- Drhum Club Kantine at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort – photos, menus, & reviews
- New Dutch Trading Co. at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort – photos, menus, & reviews
- Strong Water Tavern at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort – photos, menus, & reviews
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort: Pool area – photos, details, & more
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort: Public spaces and meeting areas
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort: Rooms – photos, details, & more
- Sapphire Falls Resort: Distance from the parks